Executive Manager - Employment
Tennant Creek, NT
- Pivotal executive leadership role within well-respected Aboriginal corporation
- Excellent salary package circa $130,000 + super commensurate with skills and experience
- Range of amazing benefits, including relocation assistance, subsidised housing and more
About Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation (JCAC)
Julalikari Council Aboriginal Corporation (JCAC) is an Aboriginal community service organisation governed by Julalikari Council, an elected body representing the Aboriginal community of Tennant Creek, NT. JCAC’s constitution directs the operations of the organisation with a general strategy to alleviate poverty and improve the well-being of the Aboriginal community of Tennant Creek and the surrounding Barkly region.
Julalikari Council has a deep commitment to Aboriginal participation in the design and delivery of its programs and services. This has helped JCAC pioneer the design and delivery of many programs which are now adopted by governments and other Aboriginal service providers across Australia.
As the largest employer in the Barkly region, offering CDP to over 1,200 people in the region - this is one of the success stories of Aboriginal organisations across Australia.
About the Opportunity
JCAC now has an exciting senior leadership opportunity for an Executive Manager - Employment to join their team at Tennant Creek, NT on a full-time basis. This role is integral to achieving the vision of JCAC through accountability for training and employment programs, inclusive of business growth and expansion.
Current program delivery entails the Community Development Programme, funded by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet and the NT Real Jobs Program, funded by the Indigenous Land Corporation.
Reporting to the CEO, your key deliverables will include:
- Ensuring Julalikari is considered a leading community-based organisation in terms of client service and program delivery credibility;
- Holding accountability for performance, contractual compliance and reporting requirements of employment programs;
- Establishing and maintaining productive relationships within the community, local Indigenous organisations, peak bodies, business, NFP organisations and other key stakeholders;
- Delivering and maintaining currency of a planning and delivery framework which integrates asset planning, resource management, service planning and budget development; and
- Promoting Julalikari and its program delivery to assist in the expansion of current programs and to generate new business opportunities which align to the vision and the strategic plans for the organisation.
To be considered for this role you will have extensive knowledge of the CDP with considerable experience in a management capacity within a community or employment based organisation. Tertiary qualifications in business, community service or similar, would be highly regarded, however are not mandatory.
Critical to your success in this role will be a sensitivity to and empathy for, social, economic and environmental factors facing Indigenous people and/or remote communities. You will be a resilient and confident communicator, with the ability to work with a cross-cultural group of people from a wide range of different backgrounds and personalities and manage conflict if and when it arises.
JCAC is looking for a measured and considered person who has genuine, engaging leadership skills and the ability to lead a team in excess of 30 people. You will have the demonstrated ability to achieve outcomes through the strategic management of financial, physical and staff resources and have the capacity to drive accountability and performance management.
A current driver's licence, NT Police Criminal History Check and an Ochre Card (Working with Children Check) is essential to be considered for this role.
To view the full position description, please click here.
About the Benefits
If you're passionate about the CDP and looking for a challenging opportunity in which you can share your knowledge and grow as a leader - this is the role for you!
You will be rewarded for your dedication, passion and commitment with a competitive salary package circa $130,000 plus super (negotiable based on qualifications and experience). You will also have access to a huge range of benefits including:
- Access to a 3 bedroom, air-conditioned, furnished house with 50% subsisdised rent.
- A car for private use within the NT;
- Retention bonus (negotiable)
- Relocation assistance (negotiable)
This opportunity won't last long. If you want to be a part of one of Australia's great Indigenous success stories - Apply Now.
About Tennant Creek, NT
Tennant Creek is a township of about 3,500 people, located 500 km north of Alice Springs and 1,000 kilometres south of Darwin. It’s a place shaped by Aboriginal culture, gold mining and pastoralism. The surrounding area is called the Barkly Tablelands, a region roughly the size of the United Kingdom, and characterised by wide grassy plains, endless blue sky and massive cattle stations.
The traditional owners of the area surrounding Tennant Creek are the Warumungu people and their culture is very much alive and well, with Aboriginal people making up approximately 60% of the population, and over ten language groups represented in the town. Their stories are showcased in one of Australia's finest cultural centres, Nyinkka Nyunyu. Tennant Creek has developed from its rough, tough droving and gold mining days into a modern town with shops and a supermarket, accommodation, bars, clubs and restaurants, a major regional hospital, schools and banking facilities.
The recent expansion of the mining industry in the region has largely been on Aboriginal land, meaning that there are now exciting and challenging opportunities for training, employment and economic development. This includes opportunities for increased tourism in the recently established national parks in the region and the resurgence of cultural events such as the Desert Harmony Week each year.
Get ready to be challenged and rewarded when you join this dynamic organisation! Apply Now!